Saturday, 15 August 2026

 His medical profession took a toll on our marriage
He was never there 
I tried to keep myself engaged
But the voidness overwhelmed my being
And then I noticed him
Our new gardener, silent yet conspicuous 
I never realised when it became a ritual
He grew on me

The day I crossed the threshold
I did not know why
I just went there and stood beside him
He acknowledged my presence 
And went back to his work 

His indifference stirred something in me 
A rage swept over
And I started crying
He stopped
Lifting me in his arms
He carried me towards the dense greenery 
When he laid me on the earth
Our eyes met
And they spoke 
 
Everything blurred
As the wind whistled
And the thunder rumbled in the distant horizon 
My earth got soaked 
With his seeds
 
We returned
Soiled in passion 
After that encounter 
I never saw him again.
©LR


No comments:

Post a Comment